Friday, May 3, 2013

♥ - WATTA WONDERFUL WORLD... 05/03/2013 - ♥




I don't wanna do the dishes
I don't wanna do the wash
I sprinkled clothes a week ago
And now my iron is lost!
I don't wanna rattle pots
I don't wanna rattle pans
I see the mail light flashin'
I wanna chat with friends!

Oh, the table needs some dusting
and the floor could sure be mopped
But I know if I get started
there'll be no place to stop.


The closets are so full
things are falling off the shelves
I wish for cleaning fairies
and magic little elves.


They could sprinkle fairy dust
and twitch their little nose
The windows would be sparkling
I would have no dirty clothes.

Oh, I know that I'm just dreamin
My head is in the sky
I must cook that meat that's graying
and bake that apple pie.


The hubby needs a bath
the dog needs attention
Oh...the other way around I mean
My brain is in suspension


I am runnin round in circles
I am getting nothing done,
I keep thinking of my web
I am missing all the fun!


Well, I know I'm not addicted
Though I hear that all the time
But I quess this stuff can wait on me
Cause today I'll be ONLINE!

Because life is a living,
breathing work of art,
you are a painting as you go.
Be a masterpiece.
Drink in life.
Laugh too loud.
Compliment others
 constantly. 

—Nicole Johnson
Know that each and every
expression of love
you offer today
will make smooth
another step you
take in this life.

~ Unknown
"Do not seek to follow
in the footsteps
of the men of old;
seek what they sought."

~ Basho
Love who your heart wants,
not what your eyes want.
Don’t worry about what
 others say or think.
This love is yours,
not theirs.

~ Unknown
Moving on doesn’t mean
 you forget about things.
It means you have to accept
 what happened
and continue living.

~ Anonymous

 Increase Your Self-Respect

"Assertiveness is a matter of self-respect."
When you trust your assertiveness,
you have the ability to express yourself
and ability to communicate your
feelings, wants and needs.
You are less dependent on others
and more in control of your own life.

When you assert yourself,
you make your own choices.
you make room for your
confidence to explode.
practice confident assertion
 by saying "YES" to things
you want to do
and "NO" to the things you don't.

Don't be afraid or feel guilty
for asserting yourself.
You have nothing to lose.
you will only become stronger
and more self-sufficient
and in turn yourself-respect
and self-worth will shine!

~Jane Powell~




Bacon Wrapped Caramelized Sesame Asparagus


1 bunch of asparagus, about 20-25 spears, 
stems removed
4 slices thick-cut bacon
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with nonstick spray. In a small bowl, whisk together oils, brown sugar and garlic. Set aside.
Bunch together 5-6 asparagus spears and tightly wrap a piece of bacon around the bundle. Place on the wire rack seam-side down and repeat. Using a pastry brush, a spoon or even your hands (I did this…), brush the spears thoroughly with the oil/sugar mixture. Give each bundle a hefty sprinkle of sesame seeds. Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until bacon is crispy. Serve warm.

Coffee Filter as Wine Strainer

When the cork crumbles, 

salvage a bottle of wine by slowly pouring it 

through a filter into a pitcher or carafe. 

That way your $25 Fume Blanc

 won't go down the drain.








Asik-Asik Falls, which are located at Sitio Dulao, Upper Dado, Alamada, North Cotabato
PORK HAMONADO. 
 MAIS with lots of butter and salt 

No comments:

Post a Comment