Tuesday, April 22, 2014


We return thanks to our mother, the earth,
which sustains us.

We return thanks to the rivers and streams,which supply us with water.
We return thanks to all herbs,


which furnish medicines for the cure of our 


diseases.


We return thanks to the moon and stars,


We return thanks to the sun,


that has looked upon the earth with a 


beneficent eye.

Honor the sacred.Honor the Earth, our Mother.

Honor all with whom we share the Earth:-
Four-leggeds, two-leggeds, winged ones,
Swimmers, crawlers, plant and rock people.
Walk in balance and beauty.
“Earth, Teach Me”
"Earth teach me quiet ~ 
as the grasses are still with new light.
Earth teach me suffering ~ 
as old stones suffer with memory.

Earth teach me humility ~ 
as blossoms are humble with beginning.

Earth teach me caring ~
 as mothers nurture their young.

Earth teach me courage ~ 
as the tree that stands alone.

Earth teach me limitation ~ 
as the ant that crawls on the ground.

Earth teach me freedom ~ 
as the eagle that soars in the sky.

Earth teach me acceptance ~ 
as the leaves that die each fall.

Earth teach me renewal ~ 
as the seed that rises in the spring.

Earth teach me to forget myself ~ 
as melted snow forgets its life.

Earth teach me to remember kindness ~ 
as dry fields weep with rain."

No comments:

Post a Comment