Monday, March 25, 2013

♥ - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD 03/25/2013 - ♥




Today I will make a difference. 
I will begin by 
controlling my thoughts. 
A person is the product 
of his thoughts. 
I want to be happy and hopeful.
 Therefore, 
I will have thoughts 
that are happy and hopeful. 
I refuse to be victimized 
by my circumstances.
 I will not let petty inconveniences 
such as stoplights, long lines, and traffic jams be my masters.
 I will avoid negativism and gossip.
 Optimism will be my companion,
 and victory will be my hallmark.

 Today I will make a difference.
I will be grateful for 
the twenty-four hours 
that are before me.
 Time is a precious commodity.
 I refuse to allow what 
little time I have 
to be contaminated by self-pity, 
anxiety, or boredom. 
I will face this day with the joy
 of a child 
and the courage of a giant.
 I will drink each minute 
as though it is my last.
 When tomorrow comes,
 today will be gone forever. 
While it is here,
 I will use it for loving and giving.

 Today I will make a difference.
I will not let past failures haunt me.
 Even though my life
 is scarred with mistakes,
 I refuse to rummage 
through my trash heap of failures.
 I will admit them. 
I will correct them. 
I will press on. Victoriously.
 No failure is fatal.
 It's OK to stumble...
 I will get up. 
It's OK to fail...
 I will rise again.

 Today I will make a difference.
I will spend time with those I love.
 My spouse, 
my children,
 my family. 
A man can own the world 
but be poor 
for the lack of love. 
A man can own nothing
 and yet be wealthy 
in relationships. 
Today I will spend 
at least five minutes 
with the significant people 
in my world. 
Five quality minutes 
of talking or hugging 
or thanking or listening.
 Five undiluted minutes 
with my mate,
 children, 
and friends.

Today I will make 
a difference.

~~ Max Lucado













It wasn't the reward 
 that mattered 
or the recognition
you might harvest. 
It was your depth 
of commitment,
your quality of service, 
the product of your devotion --
these were the things 
that counted in life. 
When you gave purely,
 the honor in giving, 
and that
was honor enough. 

--Captain Scott O'Grady


As an actor, 
what's interesting 
is what's hidden away 
beneath the surface.
You want to be like
 a duck on a pond - 
very calm on the surface 
but paddling away 
like crazy 
underneath. 

~~ Alexander Skarsgard



Every adversity, 
every failure, 
every heartache 
carries with it the seed 
of an equal or greater 
benefit.
 
~ Napoleon Hill



For the human heart 
is the mirror of the things 
that are near and far;
like the wave 
that reflects 
in its bosom
the flower 
and 
the distant star.

~ Alice Cary




In the effort 
to give good 
and comforting answers
to the young questioners 
whom we love, 
we may very often 
arrive at good 
and comforting answers
 for ourselves.

~ Ruth Goode









- Road To Success -


The road to success is not straight.
There is a CURVE called FAILURE
A LOOP called CONFUSION
SPEED BUMPS called FRIENDS
RED LIGHTS called ENEMIES
CAUTION LIGHTS called FAMILY
You will have FLATS called JOBS
BUT
If you have a SPARE called DETERMINATION
An ENGINE called PERSEVERANCE
INSURANCE called FAITH
A DRIVER called JESUS
YOU WILL MAKE IT TO A PLACE CALLED SUCCESS.

-- Author Unknown














- Spinach Alfredo Lasagna -





  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
  • 1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
  • 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 8 cups (32 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce




  • In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
  • Spread 1 cup meat sauce in an un-greased 5- or 6-qt. Slow cooker. Arrange four noodles over sauce, breaking noodles to fit if necessary. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper; spread half over noodles. Layer with 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1 cup meat sauce.
  • Top with four noodles, spinach, Alfredo sauce, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, four noodles and remaining ricotta mixture. Layer with 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1 cup meat mixture and remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese.
  • Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender.













Cola as Ham Marinade



For sweet, juicy ham without the goopy stove-top glaze, 
pour a 20-ounce bottle of regular cola
 over a 10-pound precooked ham 
and roast for 2 1/2 hours at 350° F,
 basting every 15 to 20 minutes. 
Remove from oven, 
cut a hatch diamond pattern into the top, 
rub with a tablespoon of dry mustard,
 stud the centers of the diamonds with whole cloves,
 and pat with 1 cup brown sugar 
and 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs. 
Return to oven for 35 minutes.






- DAING NA BANGUS WITH KAMATIS -
 - PINAKBET -
 -GINISANG TULYA -
 - ADOBONG FROG -
- GINISANG MUNGGO -


























No comments:

Post a Comment