Saturday, March 2, 2013

♥ - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD 03/02/2013 - ♥










- AFTER A WHILE -




After a while 
you learn the subtle difference 
between 

holding a hand 
and chaining a soul.
and you learn 
that love doesn't mean leaning 
and 
company doesn't always mean security. 

And you begin to learn 
that kisses aren't contracts 
and presents aren't promises 
and you begin to accept 
your defeats 
with your head up 
and your eyes ahead
with the grace of woman, 
not the grief of a child.
and you learn 
to build all your roads on today 
because tomorrow's ground 
is too uncertain for plans 
and futures have a way 
of falling down 
in mid-flight. 

After a while you learn 
that even sunshine burns 
if you get too much 
so you plant your own garden 
and decorate your own soul 
instead of waiting for someone 
to bring you flowers. 

And you learn 
that you really can endure, 
you really are strong, 
you really do have worth 
and you learn...
and you learn... 
with every goodbye, 
you learn.





















WHEN YOU TRULY CARE FOR SOMEONE,
YOU DON'T LOOK FOR FAULTS,
YOU DON'T LOOK FOR ANSWERS,
YOU DON'T LOOK FOR MISTAKES,
INSTEAD 
YOU FIGHT THE MISTAKES,
YOU ACCEPT THE FAULTS,
AND 
YOU OVERLOOK THE EXCUSES. 

~unknown~







"Your assumptions 
are your windows on the world. 
Scrub them off 
every once in a while,
or 
the light won't come in."

~Isaac Asimov





When love is lost, 
do not bow your head in sadness;
instead 
keep your head up high 
and gaze into heaven
for that is where
 your broken heart
has been sent to heal.

~ Unknown 




Have courage 
for the great sorrows of life
and patience 
for the small ones; 
and
when you have laboriously 
accomplished your daily task, 
go to sleep in peace. 
 
~Victor Hugo




"A lake 
is the landscape's most beautiful 
and expressive feature. 
It is Earth's eye;
looking into which 
the beholder measures the depth 
of his own nature."
 
~~ Henry David Thoreau





















MY VISIT WITH EMMA SHORE


I went out for a stroll
one sunny day,
walking past a little house
along my way.


I felt a tug
to knock on the door,
I knew a lady lived there,
named Emma Shore.


I had never met this lady
face to face,
But I knew she lived there,
in this quiet little place.



The tug was stronger,
so I went to the door,
it opened before me,
and there stood Emma Shore.



Come in my dear,
she softly said,
I've never met you child,
but I know you've been led.


She invited me to her kitchen,
the table was all set,
I sat down with Emma Shore,
A lady I had never met.


She beamed a smile,
I will never forget,
reached out her hand,
As I silently wept.



Hush now child,
have no regrets,
God sent you to me,
You need not be upset.


I have waited for someone,
many a long day,
asked my dear Lord,
To send someone my way.


I asked Emma
why is the table set for two?
Were you expecting someone
to come visit you?


Emma looked at me,
with a tear in each eye,
Child, my time is short,
And I wondered why.


No one ever comes
to visit me,
So I asked the Dear Lord,
To send some company.


I know My Lord
would never fail me,
So dear child
He sent you here, now do you see?


Emma made us
a nice cup of tea,
she brought out some scones,
Just for her and me.


I had felt that tug,
many a time before,
but I was always so busy,
I rushed past her door.


Silently I prayed,
dear Lord forgive me,
for being so busy,
I could have passed right by Thee!


I left that day,
Filled with blessings galore,
No one could read that Bible
Like Miss Emma Shore!


She hugged me tight
as I left her place,
Come again dear child,
she said with a smile on her face.


But my time with Emma
was gone forevermore,
The next day in the paper I read,
Where God had called home, 
my dear Emma Shore!


I fell on my face
before the Lord and cried,
Dear God, do not let me
pass another one by!




Mary Ann Trott
February 23rd, 2013







A LITTLE WALK AROUND YOURSELF



When you're criticizing others
and are finding here and there
A fault or two to speak of
or a weakness you can't bear.
When you're blaming someone's
weakness
Or accusing some of self....
It's time that you went out
To walk around yourself.
There are lots of human failures
In the average of us all.
And lots of grave shortcomings,
in the short and the tall.
But when we think of evils
Men should lay upon the shelves
It's time we all went out
To take a walk around ourselves.
We need so often in this life
This balancing of scales.
This seeing how much in us wins,
And how much in us fails.
But before you judge another,
just to lay him on the shelf...
It would be a splendid plan
To take a walk around yourself.



















Mo-Carameluscious Pie





Crust

Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust, 
softened as directed on box

Filling

Package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 Cup caramel topping
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
Tablespoon instant coffee granules
Tablespoon hot water
Cold milk (almost 1 cup)
1
Box (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding 
and pie filling mix
Container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, 
thawed (3 cups)
Additional caramel topping
Bars (1.4 oz each) chocolate-covered 
English toffee candy, coarsely chopped




  • Heat oven to 450°F. Bake pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie plate. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

  • In small bowl with electric mixer, beat cream cheese, 1/3 cup caramel topping and the powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth. Spread in cooled pie crust.

  • In 1-cup measuring cup, dissolve instant coffee in 1 tablespoon hot water. Add enough cold milk to make 1 cup liquid; pour into large bowl. Add pudding mix; beat with whisk until smooth. Stir in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping. Spread over caramel layer. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours to chill.

  • Before serving, remove plastic wrap and spread remaining whipped topping over top of pie. Drizzle with additional caramel topping. Sprinkle with chopped candy. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.








































































No comments:

Post a Comment