Friday, March 8, 2013

♥ - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD 03/08/2013 - ♥





For many years of my life
I wore my heart for all to see
Making it much too easy
For others to take advantage of me. 
I lived and I loved three times
To the loftiest heights
Always crashing to the ground
When my loves took wings of flight.
I put my whole being into love
Never thinking of myself
Whatever I truly needed
Was put high upon a shelf.
I thought another person
Could make me whole 
Until I spent hours alone
Looking deep within my soul.
Life is different now
I found the woman I used to be
I know once again who I am inside
In myself I now believe.
I know what I have to offer
I am kind .... I love .... I care
No one will crush my spirit again
For now I'm wiser and aware.

Poem by Carol Barton
It is when we silence 
the chattering of our mind 
that we can truly hear 
what is in our heart
and find the still, 
clear purity
 that lies within the soul.

 Spiritual love carries us 
into the silence of our 
original state of being.
This silence 
contains the power 
to create harmony 
in all relationships 
and the sweetness 
to sustain them.

~ Unknown
The best part of life 
is not just surviving, 
but
thriving with passion 
and compassion
and humor and style 
and generosity
and kindness.

~ Maya Angelo

"There is a wonderful, 
mystical law of nature 
that the three things 
we crave most in life -- 
happiness, 
freedom, 
and
peace of mind -- 
are always attained
by giving them to
someone else."

-General Peyton Conway March

I never really look for anything.
What God throws my way comes. 
I wake up in the morning 
and whichever way 
God turns my feet, 
I go.
 
~ Pearl Bailey
The human spirit 
needs places 
where nature
has not been rearranged
 by the hand of man. 

~Author Unknown






Climb Until Your Dream Comes True
Often your tasks will be many, 
and more than you think you can do 
Often the road will be rugged 
and the hills insurmountable, too.


Always remember, the hills ahead
Are never as steep as they seem,
And with faith in your heart start upward 
And climb 'till you reach your dream,


Nothing in life that is worthy
Is ever too hard to achieve 
If you have the courage to try it 
And you have the faith to believe...


Faith is a force that is greater 
Than knowledge or power or skill
And many defeats turn to triumph 
If you trust in God's wisdom and will


Faith is a mover of mountains, 
There's nothing that God cannot do, 
So start out today with faith in your heart 
And Climb Until Your Dream Comes True.


-- Helen Steiner Rice --

Reuben Dogs

Hot dogs
Slices (1 oz each) Swiss cheese, each cut into 6 strips
1 Can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 Tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
1/3 Cup sauerkraut with caraway seed, drained (from 14-oz can)
1 Slit hot dogs to within 1/2 inch of ends; insert 3 strips cheese into each slit. 
2 Separate dough into 8 triangles; spread each with dressing. Spoon sauerkraut onto short end of each triangle; top with hot dog. Wrap dough around each hot dog. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, cheese side up.
 3 Bake at 375°F 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.

Easy and Creative Kitchen Solutions

Instead of transferring stuffing 
to a pastry bag with a spoon - 
and get messy, 
place the pastry bag IN a Glass, 
and pour the contents in.




No comments:

Post a Comment